Michael Wong is a web marketer, author, developer and producer, with 15 years experience within the industry.
Mike entered the internet industry in 1998. He was one of the early acquihires when he sold his company to a SoftBank funded start-up in 2000 and became their Editor-in-Chief. He wrote one of the earliest SEO books in 2002. And he’s generated millions in online sales in affiliate marketing.
Originally from the UK, Michael has lived and worked in London, North Hollywood, Hong Kong, and now Sydney, Australia (with his wife and two boys).
- Online research (1997+)
- Web development (1998+)
- Internet marketing (1998+)
- PPC (1998+)
- Copywriting (1998+)
- Affiliate marketing (1999+)
- SEO (1999+)
- HTML/CSS (1998+)
- Team management (2000+)
- AdWords (2002+)
- Project management (2002+)
- Outsourcing (2002+)
- Newsletter writer (2002+)
- Sep. 2013: Currently working on a product for the Australian real estate market.
- Trafficademy.com (2013): the site for Mike’s new online book. It’ll offer proven tactics to driving traffic to websites. The project is currently suspended.
- MANopausing.com (2013): offers a light hearted, often satirical, look at life, kids, parenting, love, aging, health, money, working from home, Australia, and the universe. Mike set up this blog after becoming increasingly frustrated and stressed with life. This blog is his therapy.
- MichaelWongAcademy.org (2012): Mike hopes to help thousands of people make a better life for themselves and their family with lessons and links to legitimate online jobs and money-making opportunities. Over 2,000 people have subscribed to Michael Wong Academy so far.
- Mikes-Marketing-Tools.com (2002, updated 2012): offers the best internet marketing and ecommerce software, products and services, free marketing tools, and useful marketing tips from around the Web.Launched in 2002, the site has attracted over 5 million visitors to date. In 2012, the site was updated with a new design, and a campaign was launched to add the 1000s of marketing and ecommerce products on the market. There are over 55,000 results for “mikes marketing tools” and “mike’s marketing tools” in Google.
- eBoz.com (1998): In May 2000, Mike sold his 18 month old website, eboz.com, along with his company, to iBoost Technology Inc. (press release), a start-up funded by SoftBank, which also funded Yahoo! and E*Trade. The cash and stock deal was valued at $500,000. Twelve months later iBoost became a victim of the 2001 dotcom bust. The original eBoz! website no longer exists, but archived copies from 1999 and 2000 are available at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.
- SEO: Mike began practicing SEO in 1998 and has generated 1000s of top 10 search engine rankings on all major search engines, driving an estimated 10 million+ visitors to his and his client’s websites.
- AdWords/PPC: Mike started PPC advertising in 1998, when GoTo.com was the AdWords of the day. He started advertising on AdWords in July 2002, just 2 months after it launched. Mike’s PPC campaigns have generated over 5 million clicks.
- Affiliate marketing: Mike has been in affiliate marketing since 1999 and has generated millions of dollars in revenue for countless websites, across a wide variety of industries.
- MarketingMunch.com blog (2009): offers online, mobile, and offline marketing news and stories, from 200+ leading news sources, market research, and marketing sites around the Web.
- TextLinksGuide.com (2006): offers a guide to text links and how to manipulate them to increase your site’s link popularity, PageRank, Google rankings, and traffic.
- ECommerceDictionary.com (2002): offers a glossary of commonly used internet marketing, ecommerce, and internet terms.
- Great-Web-Design-Tips.com (2002): offers web design, usability and accessibility tips.
- SearchEngineOptimizationStrategies.com (2002): Michael wrote one of the earliest SEO ebooks (no longer for sale). The book sold over 3,000 copies and generated over $100,000 in profits.
- Marketing tips (2002): Mike wrote numerous marketing tips/articles on his Mike’s Marketing Tools site, and encouraged others to republish them on their site. This resulted in 1000s of targeted backlinks.
- Michael produced InstantDomainNameSearch.org (2011): is an online tool that checks in real-time (all domain extensions), as you type, whether a domain name is available for registration.
- InstantPageRankChecker.com (2011): offers instant online Google PageRank reports of any domain or webpage, without CAPTCHA requirements.
- Search-Engine-Ranking.us (2011) offers a free, instant, online report of web site rankings in Google, Bing and Yahoo!.
- Missy Flowers (2010 – not active): helped consumers find and compare 3000+ quality delivered flowers, plants and gourmet gifts by America’s leading flower sites, such as 1-800-Flowers and FTD.
- JUMBOKeyword.com (2009): is an online AdWords tool offering 70+ 1-click Google AdWords, keywords and text editing functions. There are almost 5,000 results for “Jumbo Keyword” in Google.
- GoDefy (2005 – not active): is a comparison shopping engine for internet marketing products and services.
- AdWordsWrapper.com (2004): is the official site of the original, Google AdWords keyword tool that wraps keyword phrases in “quotation marks” and “square brackets” for use in Google AdWords campaigns. Mike’s flattered by the numerous copies of the original AdWords Wrapper tool. There are almost 20,000 results for “AdWords Wrapper” in Google.
- HTML-HTML.com (2003): is a 800+ page HTML tutorial and reference guide.
- Search-Engines-2.com (2003): offers links to 12,500+ local, regional, national, foreign, pay per click and meta internet search engines and web directories.
- Link-Popularity-Checker.com (2002): offers a free, instant, online report of a webpage’s backlink or link popularity rating by Google, Bing and Yahoo!.
- Top-Keywords.com (2002): offers the top 500 searched internet keywords, compiled from a database of over 330 million search terms.
Marketing Munch Pty Ltd
PO Box 2578,
Please do not send gifts or products for review to this address. Contact Michael for details.